Wednesday, July 07, 2010

The Mayan Ruins

One of the most gorgeous parts of our trip was the view from the Mayan ruins
After being there for only 10 minutes it started to down pour, it was so refreshing as it was so hot!

Then the sun came out & it was more humid than before but even more beautiful with the sun shining.
They used to have a tournament here & the winner would get the grand prize of being sacrificed to their god. We were joking saying OOPS! I missed that ball, sorry I guess I can't be sacrificed, OH DARN!
A termites nest! EWWW!
A tomb
Me & Cathy with a gorgeous view behind us
A court yard where the Mayans would congregate
On our way back to the car
One of the most in-tact pieces that was there.

After this we went swimming at a beautiful resort.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: