Tuesday, January 05, 2010

2009 in a Nutshell!

This year definitely had mostly wonderful & just a few not so wonderful moments. We took some awesome trips with friends & family, our favorites being June Lake & Texas. It was a very healthy year for us, the flu only visited our home once! We took many a short day trip to the beach. We have been so blessed!
I started homeschooling Ashley 2 days a week & she goes to a charter school the other 3. I have enjoyed this time with her but it also still gives me some time to accomplish the tasks I have for the week. Ashley has grown up so much turning 6 & is still my sweet girl & yes she is still CRAZY! This December she performed in the the Nutcracker & I am afraid our daughter has caught the bug, she wants to be on stage all the time now she told us, in fact she cried for 2 hours when she found out she'd have to take a break from ballet till after New Years. She will be performing on stage at Disneyland in February of 2010!
Christian turned 8, made the All-Stars team & basically played baseball ALL YEAR! It is so neat to watch him play as he truly LOVES the sport & is so good at it. Christian still attends Calvary & earned straight A's on his report card & is on the honor roll. We are so proud of our growing boy! He looks forward to playing baseball ALL year & making All-Stars again in 2010!
I stayed home with the kids this year & did the occasional notary here & there. I love being home with them & am so thankful that God provides for us & Allen works so hard to allow me to do so. I am also able to spend more time with my Nanny as she has recently moved to a home near us. I know I will be going back to work eventually but I will enjoy this time while I have it. I hope to do more notaries in 2010!
Allen still works for Xnergy, this might just be a record! He has recently taken up an interest in hunting & will be going in January up north for his first official trip. He loves coming home after work, playing with the kids & having family time. He also enjoys leading the men's study at our church & we both enjoy hosting the weekly bible study in our home on Thursdays. We are looking forward to celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary in 2010!
One of the most not so wonderful moments was when we lost our home. We are now totally at peace with it, we have a low rental payment that we can actually afford! In the future we will buy again but we are in NO rush & we will only buy what we can afford in the future. We are so happy with where we are now in our lives & look forward to being in God's perfect will. We look forward to what God has in store for us in 2010!
We are thankful for each & every one of you & pray that you all have a blessed 2010!
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

Marney said...

You and Allen are a blessing, Julia!