Friday, December 05, 2008

Traditions

Every year on the day after Thanksgiving, we trim the tree & decorate the house. The kids are so excited for this day to come, it's almost more exciting than Christmas day itself for them.
(I said almost) :)
Ashley always has specific ornaments that she just has to put on the tree herself & they usually are clumped together in one area. When the kids were younger I would let them decorate & then when they went to bed I would go & "fix" the ornaments & even them out. Now I just leave it! Which is hard to do, but they notice now when the ornament they put on the tree is not the spot they chose for it hang. If you click on the picture you can see Allen as young lad on the paper ornament on the top right of the picture! Too funny (& cute!)

My handsome man!

Some of our favorite ornaments

Allen took this picture & said he's in the wrong business, that he should be a professional photographer. So if any of you would like your family portraits done next year let us know, as of now he's booked straight through till this Christmas. LOL :)

It is a neat picture though! :)

We ended the evening by admiring the lights Allen put up, eating breakfast for dinner, & watching the movies: Fred Clause & Narnia Prince Caspian. It was a very nice relaxing day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: