Saturday, May 15, 2010

Uncle Bob

My Great Uncle Bob recently was admitted to he hospital for heart problems. When someone you love goes into the hospital it makes you realize that you take for granted that they are alive & well & that you can go visit anytime you want, but don't. My Uncle Bob is my Dad's Uncle & he was married to my Aunt Julia whom I was named after when she passed away right before I was born. I've always heard that she was a wonderful woman and my uncle Bob loved her dearly!
So when he was released for the hospital (prayers answered), we went up to his house to visit with him. He of course got out all of his guns to show Allen as well as tell the story behind each of them, what he shot, how he got it etc. ;)


He is so cute, I just love his laugh & his Southern accent! He's 88 years old & we recently discovered that he ironically has the exact same birthday as Grandma D, May 3, 1922. We are definitely going to be visiting more often.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: