Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Big Sur Marathon

Not the best picture of me but the only one that was taken before the race. I ran/walked the 5K which is 3.2 miles. Next year I want to run/walk the 9 or 10.6 mile. I also WILL be thinner next year ;).
My cousin Veronica ran/walked 5 miles of a relay race with some other people from our group. My uncle Ron ran the whole marathon!
Here he is after 26.2 miles of running! Not walking/running but RUNNING! I am still so amazed!

Did I mention that he ran the Boston Marathon that Monday & here he was on Sunday (6 days later) running the Big Sur Marathon which they say is the hardest marathon in the U.S. With a time of 3 hours 41 minutes. His Boston time was 3 hours 31 min. Oh yeah and he's 57!
Relax Uncle Ron! You earned it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: