Thursday, August 10, 2006

Haiti

Allen (my husband) will be going on a missions trip to Haiti. He will be going with a team of people to help run plumbing & electricity to a hospital that is being built there. This is such an amazing opportunity for him to serve others & experience what God wants to do in his life.
I am so proud of my husband, I love him even more as the years pass!

We are trying to raise funds for him to go there, it will cost $900.00 to get there & back. We have to pay that out of our own pockets, so we have asked friends & family to think or pray about donating, every little bit helps. As of now we have $300.00 thankyou to Pat & Janet Moore, Grant & Brenda Lohr, Arland & Henriette Lohr and Todd & Jessica Cernetic. He leaves on the 29th of this month & will be returning the 2nd of September. As for me I will stay here with kids (business as usual).

I cannot believe that it is the middle of August, I swear every year goes by faster than the last. Christian starts school on Tuesday! We went school clothes shopping today, we made it a very special day. I got a babysitter for Ashley & my mom & I took Christian to lunch as well as to a ton of stores. He is going to be so adorable with his clothes & his little back pack. I got a little emotional as he tried on back packs to see which one he liked. I can't imagine what will happen on the 1st day of school. :( I'm excited & happy, but on that day I'm not so sure how I'm going to feel.

No comments: