A few days ago I woke up to this beautiful sunrise. This is the view off of our balcony, which soon will not be our balcony because we have lost our house. I have been okay with everything for the most part because I know God will take care of us as He always does. Of course it has been hard, I've been emotional & I will miss this house & the memories that were made here. The beauty is I will never forget those memories & I don't need this house to have them. We will make our "home" where ever we go.
I never thought we would lose our house but different circumstances & choices we made led to it. It is no one's business but ours because we are the ones who have to go through this. I myself always thought "how can people do that, just walk away from there home" but when you have negative $200,000.00 in equity, one spouse gets laid off & another gets their hours cut over a certain amount of time & you start having to put groceries & gas on credit cards you have to make a choice. What a lesson in humility we have received, it's taught me not to be judgemental because I guarantee you it can happen to anyone. I am not proud that this is happening but I am also not ashamed.
We have to be out by Sept. 23rd & God is just amazing in that He has provided us with so many supportive friends & family members. We have a rental we will be moving into on Sept. 19th, & it is only 3 doors down! We are so blessed to be able to stay in our same neighborhood & most of all blessed that we have our health & each other.
So when I saw this sunset a peace just washed over me, the peace that only Jesus can bring. Everything is going to be just fine! :)
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

2 comments:
I am so happy the you get to stay in your neighborhood too. What a blessing your home has been now for so many years! Happy moving!!!
Nicely put, Julia! ... and a beautiful picture too! Those seem like the same words you told me when we were moving from our other house. It's true, you don't need the house to keep the memories. Those will stay with you forever. Pictures are priceless too. You will get through this and continue to be a blessing in your new home :) Love you!!
Post a Comment