Every year the 2nd graders at our school celebrate Colonial day. Each child picks a person from colonial times out of a hat. Christian chose Eli Whitney the inventor of the Cotton Gin, Milling Machine and The Assembly Line.
He looked so cute! He has on my blouse, daddy's socks and his vest & baseball pants. I was not about to go & spend money on a one day event, I think he looked great & definitely like inventor material wouldn't you say?
He did a great job presenting his character.
After all of the kids completed their presentations we walked up to the sanctuary & Benjamin Franklin was there waiting to greet us! I have to say I learned a lot! Is there anything the man didn't invent?
After we left Mr. Franklin, we headed over the printing press & the kids learned how they made books in colonial times. Christian was chosen out of the audience to "Assist." He had a great day & it was lots of fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment