On June 11th I turned 29. Of course that morning I went to the store to go grocery shopping & purchased a bottle of Merlot that was on sale at a price I couldn't pass up. The checker rang up all my groceries then she got to the bottle did she card me? NOOO! I even said to her do I look like I'm 35? She must of misunderstood me but still answered my question by saying "Oh I just turned 35 myself, happy birthday! Nothing like a little premature shove into your mid 30's.
That's okay though I still had a wonderful birthday with family & friends. On Sunday the day before my birthday which just so happens to be my dad's birthday, we went to church & then after church Allen said he wanted to get a replacement bulb for I light that went out in our walk in closet. This meant going across town in the opposite direction of where we were originally headed for a pool party at our friends house. I of course said why would we go over there when
we have a brand new Dixie Line Lumber yard next to our house & a gift card there as well.
So as we are driving he hands me my birthday card which was SOOO romantic NOT! It was actually a card all about Farts! (Yes passing gas). Well as I read this 5 page novel of a card about flatulence he was driving & I wasn't paying attention to where we were headed. At the end of the card was a gift card to the "Murrieta Day Spa." Just then I looked up & we were there. He said he had the whole day planned for me & that it started right now at the spa that he would leave me to enjoy a massage as he took the kids to his moms. Well I went up to the door & it was locked! They are not open on Sundays, It was such a sweet thought though. Then we went to our friends to swim & let the kids play & his mom met us there, she took the kids home with her & we went home to change. We then drove to winery called Bella Vista, On the way Allen said that this winery looked really neat & that it had beautiful view (according to the Internet). Well we arrived & it was definitely not neat & there was NO view! So we went to Wilson's Creek Winery which is my favorite. Then we went to dinner at place called "The Brick Marble" oh my gosh! Is all I have to say about this restaurant it was sooo good. It is in an office building made of brick you would never know it was there. We had a wonderful rest of the evening & then the next day I went to the mall with my friend Amber while Allen watched the kids to use my gift cards. They met up with me later that evening to go to Sushi (on my actual birthday). The next day after that (Tues.) was my 1st day at work, that evening my sister had us over along with my mom, dad & brother for ribs to celebrate my birthday it was very nice! So now I am 29 & next year I will be the BIG 3-0! But according the checker I'm already 35! :)
1 comment:
Enjoy your last year of your twenties. Twenty-nine was one of my very favorite years. You do not look a day over twenty-eight. :)
We love you guys and hope you are all doing well. We are checking our e-mail often and will update the blog as often as we can (it is about $10 an hour or $24 for each 24 hours for internet). Our current hotel is free for the next 3 nights.
It is nice to hear how you are all doing and will check your blog while we are gone.
Happy birthday to you! Congratulations on your continued weight loss! I will need your example when we get back :)
Post a Comment