Friday, March 09, 2007

Pray for patience!

I need some serious prayer to be more patient with the kids. I can be so patient with other people's kids but when it comes to mine I just LOOSE IT! I guess I expect perfection which is ridiculous because nobody on earth is perfect. The only person that ever was perfect was Jesus & He was more patient than anyone. He loved EVERYONE no matter what they did or said, I wish I could be like that.

When I had children I realized how selfish I truly am. It's not about me anymore & quite honestly it never should have been about me, but rather the Lord. I want to raise my children up in the ways of the Lord; to be kind, forgiving & most of all just love & accept people for who they are. Basically in one word GRACE. If everyone showed grace to everyone we would have a much better off world. How can I train them up in the way they should go if I myself am not showing them these things in my actions and by how I speak to them.

In the every day mundaine tasks that are my responsibility as a stay at home mommy & wife, I should be thankful. Even when I don't want to do the dishes I should be thankful that I have dishes to wash, or when the kids are driving me BaNaNaS I should appreciate the fact that they are alive & healthy & that they were given to me as a gift from the Lord. That means that God new I could handle these kids because He wouldn't have entrusted them to me otherwise.

I will make a great effort to be kinder with my words to my children. I just had to vent!

No comments: