Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Happy Da......Bee stings?

On Sunday the 5th (as if we didn't have enough sun the day before on the 4th of July) we went down to the beach in Oceanside, or as Ashley would call it Happy Da Beach! Our dear friend's the Turnure's joined us & it was a great day! (aside from all the adults getting sunburned & B getting stung by a bee.)
Christian & Caleb

Ashley before the bee sting!

This is how she was playing & then when she got to her knees there was a bee on the sand & it stung her shin. I had to pull the bee & it's stinger off of her, she was screaming so loud, people came over & asked if she had been stung by a Jelly Fish! I had heard of an old remedy where you hold a penny on it & it stops the pain & draws out the poison. I thought it was a better time than any to try it out & to my surprise it actually works!


After that she was scared to go on the sand for a while so Daddy carried her around. I love this picture!

Everyone is looking at the ground because there were bees everywhere. I have never in my life gone to the beach & saw so many bees! There were no flowers around! Ashley ended up hanging out in this big hole the boys had dug up, I guess she felt safe in there ;)
Christian even plays baseball on the beach! He does love to boogie board too! I love watching my kids have fun at the beach! It makes all of the sand that gets in EVERY crack worth it! :)
My handsome tan boy!
The boys had a lot of fun digging & building, that's what boys do!
It was so funny Ashley got over her fears & was just sitting in this chair for a while directing the boys on what to do. The boys are happily working away building a fortress from the water!
She is such a character! She was warning the boys that the waves were coming
The water ended up making it's way in! The kids had so much fun!
Afterwards we went to a yummy Mexican food restaurant.


What a great day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: