Sunday, July 15, 2007

Thank you Grandpa

Well Grandpa, I never got a chance to thank you for all that you have done for me and my family so this is my thank you letter. I would first like to thank you for the great father that raised me with your values. The foundation that you built has been passed down from my dad to me, and now into the family that I am currently raising.

I want to thank you for the memories of going to the local R.V. park watching you with your hat barely on your head and kicked at a 45 degree angle, with a cigarette hanging out of your mouth teaching me how to fish. I will always remember the times you showed up to my baseball games to see me play, and you would even get on a motorcycle and ride with us out in the desert. I think playing cards with you was a love/hate relationship because I used to sit there and try to read your face to see if I could get a poker face out of you, and all I got was that grin and you saying “oops how did those get in there”. No matter how old you got, you were still the best card player at the table. So I thank you for instilling the B.S. into me at an early age.

I would also like to thank you for the honesty and the heart felt advice that you always gave when we needed it the most. Like the time when I was 18 and you said get off your butt get a job there is no excuse not to have one, I’ve had one ever since (and just like you I’ve had many). I thank you for the talks about life, kids and business at any given time. In the book of James it says that life is like a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. Well the vapor that you lived in was one that I can say for certain everyone respected, especially your views on God, country and family. The way you lived those views out in your life has been an example for us to follow.

Well I know our Father in Heaven needed some repairs up there so he brought in the best Hardware man in the business. Little does he know he will soon be doing it the “AL Lohr” way. I can just hear God saying it now “I Al Lohred it”. I will be excited to see what foundation you have laid in heaven for our family. If it’s like the one that you laid here, what an even better place it will be.

Thank you Grandpa and God Bless, Allen

No comments: