The drive out there was anything but fun. It seems like everything comes in 3's.First our friends Dave & Tina went out earlier that day to set up camp. We were to join them that evening. On the way in the wind was bad, or so I thought. I have never seen anything like I did when we drove in Ocotillo. We couldn't even see the front of our truck because the wind had picked up the sand & would only let up a little bit for about 30 seconds. So we decided to go back to the base of Ocotillo which ironically is called Blow Sand. It was the only place there that wasn't "blowing sand".
Our friends Dave & Tina ended up getting stuck tryng to come join us & they literally had sand pouring into their vents on their trailer. They finally joined us in the morning & then they had a good time after that.
This is my girlfriend Tina & I. We were about to go on a "girls ride," we got stuck twice but were quickly back in the dirt. Thanks to some friendly fellow riders.Second was our friend's Amber & Aaron. Amber had never been to the desert, they slept in a box trailer with space heaters all night. In the morning Amber, Aaron & her older son Caleb got out & were sitting by the fire to get warm. Her younger son Isaac was asleep in the trailer still. Aaron moved the truck forward beacause he thought it was alraedy unhitched.
Amber went to check on Isaac a short while later & thank God she did because their air mattress was on fire from one of the space heaters falling on it. She grabbed him out of the trailer & praise God he was okay.
Christian LOVED his new quad he got for Christmas! He would not get off unless we made him the whole weekend.That brings us to number three! Which of course had to be our turn. We went to bed & I was in a deep sleep when I heard a loud chirp like a smoke detector but this was different. I couldn't figure out where it had come from. So after a half an hour of searching we went back to bed, let me rephraise that, I went back to bed Allen never got out. I was just about to drift back to sleep when I heard it again this time Allen & I both got out of bed to see what was going on. It was the carbon monoxide detector. So we had to turn our heater off the rest of the night. I gave the kids 3 blankets each, Allen & I put on our sweats & extra socks. We were freezing by morning the kids weren't though & that's all that matters. Allen got up to try the heater again & the most horrible smell ( like exhaust from a car) filled the trailer.
By then it was morning & we just got up & had a great day the rest of the time.
Here is our little desert girl. She loves to sit in the dirt & pour sand on her legs & all she talked about on the way there was " Mommy did you bwing my shobel, I want to dig!"
This is a picture of her about to go on a buggy ride with her daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment