Sunday, January 21, 2007

All alone for 6 days! EEEKKK!

Last night at 9:30pm our friend Will came to pick up Allen to take him to the airport.
The funny thing is Allen was supposed to leave that morning at 12:55am, which would have meant him leaving at 9:30pm on Friday night. God is so good to work out the details because he wouldn't have been able to finish his side job which paid for the rest of the trip, plus his B-day party.

They got their flights changed & as far as I know everything went smoothly. (Is that even a word?) Oh well I'm using it! Of course the enemy had to try & meddle with the night; Ashley started throwing up just as Allen was about to leave, I am praying that he will not get sick. I really think it was something she ate, thank God! She never had a fever or threw up again all night and woke up this morning all cheerful & happy asking me to make her eggs & cinn. sugar toast.

I'm in for a nice long 6 days without my helper, I realize when he's gone how much he helps take the load off me. He doesn't clean or do anything like that (but I would nit pick it if he did) but when he gets home I let him unwind a bit & then turn the kids loose on him! He wrestles and plays with them & they have a great time! That is my job, to make the house a place where Allen comes home & can just relax & play with his kids. The thing is, with him not coming home each night there is no break for me. A small sacrifice to pay for Allen going & doing God's work to build missionary homes in Belize, at least he's not asking me to move to one of these places! (Yet!) J/K

He loves going away to help others! He said he would love to do it full time if he could. He comes back refreshed & renewed & even more of a wonderful man than he already is!

I can't believe we will be celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary on the 10th of February! We have gone through some really hard times but we are better people because of it. I thank God for my wonderful husband, he is my best friend. We will be going on a cruise in April to celebrate it, February was just too darn cold for us!

Please be praying for me & patience with the kids.

No comments: