Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Thanksgiving and B's Birthday

Seven years ago our precious "B" Ashley was born, it happened to be the day before Thanksgiving. Now seven years later it fell on Thanksgiving day.
I wanted to make sure it was a special day for her & since we had "Thanksgiving Dinner" planned for the evening I wasn't going to make her whatever she wanted (which is our usual tradition), so instead I asked what she wanted me to make for breakfast and she chose monkey bread.

After that we went to the park to feed our homeless friends. Ashley was so excited to meet them as Allen is always talking about them & we are always praying for them as a family. (Allen goes every Thursday night to feed and minister to the homeless). I thought it was so precious that my baby girl wanted to spend part of her Birthday/Thanksgiving serving the needy. We then came home & got ready to celebrate with our family.

Grandma Demerest, Brenda, Grant (Allen's Dad). Allen & Nanny
 I hosted Thanksgiving this year which I hadn't done in a long time. I roasted a turkey to take to the guys at the park & then thought it would be fun to roast cornish game hens for our family dinner. So each person got their own bird which Christan & Ashley LOVED. They always get cut up chicken on their plates, so to have an entire bird to themselves was a big deal to them.
 My Brother Johnny, My Dad, Ashley, Christian, My Mom & my Sister Hollee.
Dessert time!
Grant & Brenda got me this apron when they were up North and I Love it!

Ashley opening her gifts, she got a tent & sleeping bag from Manga & Paca which she had requested.
Some really cute clothes & toys from Mimi & Papa just to name a few.
We also celebrated my Nanny's 78th Birthday
As well as my Brother's 27th
Happy Birthday B!
My brother was making fun of me because I had Ashley pretend to blow out the candles so I could get a good picture. So he was doing the same thing & my Nanny didn't think it was as funny, notice her fist! ;)
We set the tent up in the loft
The kids slept in it for 3 nights in a row.

We had a great time with everyone & we are so thankful for all of our Family & Friends!
We are truly blessed!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: